November is in FULL Swing now and I am looking forward to all of the holiday hosting and guests we will have at our home over the next couple months. One of my favorite types of parties to host is the cocktail party. I love the casual vibes and I’m such an appetizer person. Much of the food can be made in advance, and there is minimal cleanup and lots of great conversation to be had with friends and family.
My recipe for Brown Sugar Bacon is one of the easiest appetizers or cocktail party plates to serve. They are handheld and simple to eat – and who doesn’t enjoy a tasty piece of bacon? It goes great with all kind of drinks, and beer and wine, too! This is also a handy trick if you are having a dinner party during the week as they take only 25 minutes to prepare and are sure to please your guests.
Brown Sugar BaconDifficulty: Easy
Brown Sugar Bacon is a great recipe to have on hand for quick and easy entertaining! Especially great for a party.
8 slices of thick-cut bacon
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack inside the pan. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder (if using) in a shallow dish. Dredge the bacon slices in the brown sugar mixture on both sides, pressing the sugar into the bacon.
- Arrange the bacon on the cooling rack and bake for 20 minutes until crisp. Serve.
- Only use the chili powder if you want some warmth to this bacon. I was making these for a family-friendly dinner and didn’t include the chili powder for fear the toddlers would be unhappy. Either way, it is delicious!
- Be sure your oven is thoroughly preheated so the bacon will have a chance to get crisp. If your bacon is not crisp after 20 minutes, allow the bacon to cook for a 5-10 minutes longer.
- Feel free to substitute a dash of cayenne pepper (not too much) if you want this appetizer to have an extra spicy kick. We LOVE it this way, but only if the kids won’t be eating it with us.