I’ve spent quite a bit of time trying different variations of Pumpkin Spice Latte recipes. I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of the Starbucks rendition, but I really do love pumpkin and lattes – so I was bound and determined to find a recipe to make these at home instead – and I am so glad I did!
Not only can I control all of the ingredients in this latte, but this specialty drink has absolutely zero sugar! Instead, it is sweetened with maple syrup – which also adds another warm, autumn element to the drink that compliments the pumpkin so perfectly. I found the core of this recipe from Live Simply, a recipe and food blog. I prefer to use 3 tablespoons of canned pumpkin and I also use almond milk instead of regular milk – which adds a third, nutty layer of flavor to this latte and froths very well.
I love whipping up this recipe on the weekends or even in the morning before I log in to my computer for the day. My family also loves to enjoy a fun coffee drink the morning of Thanksgiving, and this is the perfect treat for the occasion. Whatever you decide to do, I’m sure you will absolutely love my Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Maple Pumpkin Spice LatteDifficulty: Easy
I love whipping up this recipe on the weekends or even in the morning before I log in to my computer for the day. My family also loves to enjoy a fun coffee drink the morning of Thanksgiving, and this is the perfect treat for the occasion.
1/2 cup of black coffee or 1-2 shots of your favorite espresso
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
- Using a small saucepan, warm the almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until the liquid begins to simmer slightly. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Froth the liquid by using an immersion blender.
- Pour the liquid into a serving glass or mug and then add the coffee or espresso.
- Serve warm. Garnish with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- An immersion blender is the secret for making frothy lattes at home. I’ve tried another method using a regular blender, but it is just not the same. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you CAN try it in a regular blender, but just know you will not get the same results.
- Recipe adapted from Live Simply: https://livesimply.me/homemade-pumpkin-spice-latte-real-deal/