One of my favorite things to do aside from eating great food is talking to people about great food. 🙂 Obviously, this is why I started The Work from Home Chef – to join the food community. I am super fortunate that my Sister-in-Law, Sarah, is an amazing cook and many of our conversations revolve around food. We share pictures of food and even played a game of Galette Tag last year- I think we will be due for another round come spring or summer!
During her last visit, my SIL gifted me a jar of Taco Seasoning and I haven’t looked back. I raved to her about the spice mix and we both agreed that for “just tacos” this spice combination was a huge hit. It is my #1 go-to for taco seasoning and works perfectly with my Taco Tuesday Classic Taco recipe. This recipe works great for beef tacos, chicken tacos, and even gives amazing flavor to turkey tacos.
Taco Tuesday Classic TacosDifficulty: Easy
Get ready to quickly update your Taco Tuesday game with my recipe for Taco Tuesday Classic Tacos. I love to make them using either beef, chicken, or turkey.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups diced fire roasted tomatoes (I use Muir Glen)
2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (see this link for recipe)
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat
- Add the ground beef, yellow onion, and garlic to the skillet and brown until the beef is cooked through – about 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess fat from the skillet and then add the fire roasted tomatoes and Taco Seasoning to the skillet.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- You can easily make this recipe up in advance and either store in the refrigerator until you are ready to reheat, or even keep warm on the stove until meal time. Tacos also freeze great and keep up to 2-3 months.
- For the Taco Seasoning recipe, follow this link or the links above: Taco Seasoning